We believe that everybody deserves access to a healthy life. Nourishment comes in many forms - food, education, community, creative expression, exercise.
Oasis Powerhouse seeks to offer the community a space to flourish, pursue goals, take risks, and find needed support and resources. The community center offers knowledge on healthy living, and outlets to improve the mind, body, and soul. It will achieve these through many different mediums:
- Oasis Jimma Juice Bar, community members, and volunteers provide free lessons on health and cooking
- Professionals instructors lead fitness, meditation, art, and other empowerment-oriented classes
- Free space is available for community meetings and events that attempt to make a positive impact on our community and others
- Youth and adults from the community can access to mentorship programs and tutoring space
- Space and classes are available for music, printmaking, and other forms of art
Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any skills that you would like to share with the community at Oasis Powerhouse.
past events and classes
- Free Stand-Up Comedy with New York comedians
- Pre-Launch celebration with lunch, music, meditation, and dancing
- Post-Thanksgiving celebration with dinner, music, and stories from immigrants
- Free restorative yoga classes
- Free fitness bootcamp classes
- Open rehearsal space, used by local dance groups like the No Days Off Dance Company